ToddBlog Design

toddblogIf you haven’t noticed, I’ve made some design changes to ToddBlog.net. (If you’re an RSS reader, I invite you to come check it out.) I’m not a designer, and while I work with some ridiculously talented folks, their design genius and skills haven’t magically transferred into my heart and hands. So, what you see is the result of my love for Gill Sans and Adobe Kuler.

So, I’m turning to you. What do you think of the design? Do you have any recommendations for what I can do better? Is anything taking away from your enjoyment of the site?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. If there’s anyone who would like to donate a custom blog design to ToddBlog.net out of the goodness of their heart, let me know. It’d be fun, educational and a nice sample in your design portfolio. Oh, and there might even be some brownies in it for you.

1. March 11, 2009 at 12:16 pm — Reply

It looks great! Nice and clean.
    I see you’ve gone from K2 to Thesis. I might have to give it a try, too.

2. Kristin
    March 11, 2009 at 1:05 pm — Reply

I think its great. You do have a typo your ‘about me’ section.
    “As you are likely aware, this my blog.”
    You need the word, “is” in there.
    Keep it up, Toddly.

3. March 11, 2009 at 3:26 pm — Reply

I like it! I love the clean feel … I see you chose orange and blue. I am assuming that is a subtle cheer for the Denver Broncos? πŸ™‚

4. March 11, 2009 at 9:20 pm — Reply

Becky – there’s nothing subtle about it. I love the Broncos. And that love has always influenced my color choices.

5. March 12, 2009 at 11:54 am — Reply

Oh, and Kristin, thanks for catching the typo. I fixed it!

6. March 29, 2009 at 9:47 pm — Reply

I don’t know what it looked like before, but I’m a sucker for Gill Sans and Trebuchet. Unfortunately at my job I’m not able to purchase new fonts. Ever. So I live vicariously through other designers. πŸ™‚

Btw, found you through M&D b/c of the article on 3/29. Good stuff here, I’ll be back.