Hello!

Thanks for stopping by The Todd Blog. Whether you came here on purpose or by random chance, I’m grateful for your visit. I invite you to peruse the posts and join the conversations. If you have any questions, please use the contact form to get in touch with me.

Six Random Things

Brent Logan tagged me, according to the “official” rules:

• Link to the person who tagged you.
  • Post the rules on your blog.
  • Write 6 random things about yourself.
  • Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
  • Let each person know he/she has been tagged.
  • Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here are six random things about me:

1. A number of the TV shows I love are critically acclaimed, but they commercially bomb. Friday Night Lights. Pushing Daisies. Freeks and Geeks (admittedly, I came late to the party on that one). Viva Laughlin*. And, of course, Arrested Development. This fact, of course, makes me feel cool and superior to people who mostly enjoy commercial successes.
  2. I have a serious problem with trying new flavors of chewing gum. When I’m at the grocery checkout, and I see “Extra Fruit Sensations Berry Pearadise” I’m powerless to withstand a purchase. And, typically, I don’t like the new flavor at all. A complete waste of $1.09.
  3. I’ve become something of a University of Texas fan. Some might point to their former #1 ranking and the likelihood of their playing at the Orange Bowl as the reasons for my favor. But they’re not. I’m a fan because I went to the Longhorn’s season-opener. The stadium was glorious. The fans were raucous. The atmosphere was charged. Something spiritual happened. And now I’m a fan. Oh, and I have a UT hat.
  4. I can’t really stand jazz music. Particularly smooth jazz. Ugh.
  5. I’m getting old(er). I have a goodly number of gray hairs. I don’t understand why the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana are cool. And I like going to bed no later than 10:00 p.m.
  6. This is perhaps the most random: I had a suite mate in college, a physics major, who was convinced that time machines would not be invented for public use in his lifetime. He reasoned that if a time machine were publicly available, that he would come back and tell his present (or past, depending upon one’s perspective) self about the technology. I argued that it was possible that his future-self decided that he needed to wait until his past-self was more prepared and able to process the time machine revelation, but he made a promise to himself that he would go back to his college-freshman-self and he wasn’t one to break a promise to himself. So how does that translate into a random thing about me? I find myself thinking about that conversation on a surprisingly frequent basis.

I’m tagging:

1. Kirk
  2. Bobby“Tagged” Post
  3. Chris
  4. Laura“Tagged” Post
  5. Kim
  6. John
  7. Erin“Tagged” Post

Thanks for the easy blog post Brent.

Happy Monday everyone.

*Please note that “Viva Laughlin” was intended to be a joke. I don’t know that I wouldn’t have loved Viva Laughlin as it was cancelled after only two episodes. But from what I’ve seen, it probably deserved the axe. However, I do the other shows listed.

16 CommentsLeave a Comment

Jessica

5 years ago

Hi Todd – It’s Jessica from Central. I found your blog through Erin’s. Anyway, I enjoyed your six random things :) I also enjoy Arrested Development – I’m sad it didn’t last :( Have a good day, and tell your wife hi for me!

Laura

5 years ago

I’m still waiting for my blog to be added to the side with the rest of the world’s blogs over there… ;)

erin

5 years ago

I’m finished!

Becky

5 years ago

Okay that last one was hilarious. And random.

Sincerely, a fellow Arrested Development AND Freaks and Geeks fan.

Alan Gable

5 years ago

Harding had a Physics major? Who knew?
    Tobias Funke

Bobby Rozzell

5 years ago

Your challenge has been met and posted.

More than a month between posts. Douglas and Main would be sooooo disappointed.

By the way, any of these blogs you challenged local by chance?

Brent Logan

5 years ago

Nice list! I’m not a big fan of jazz, either, but any performing musician has to at least fake liking jazz. That way, when you hit the wrong note, you can claim “it was a jazz chord.” Who could argue?! ;)

davis1862

5 years ago

Ohhhh, so you’re the other “Arrested Development” fan! I heard there was another one out there. For the longest time I thought I was the only one.

Brad

5 years ago

Friday Night Lights is the best show on tv. Clear eyes full hearts can’t lose!

fancastfan

5 years ago

Hey, a couple points, check out Fancast.com, we have a ton of absolutely free shows, including Arrested Development, Friday Nght Lights and Pushing Daisies – the full library at http://www.fancast.com/full_episodes

And Pushing Daisies fans in particular might be interested to know there is an interview with the Executive Producer Bryan Fuller and he says he would be into making a Pushing Daisies movie or comic book and also touches on the possibility of changing networks (like Scrubs). The interview is at

They are also looking for feedback and comments on whether fans would watch a movie and how you feel about so many plot lines being left unfinished if it is the end.

Austin Conscience

5 years ago

Hook Em, Todd.

Texas Fight! Texas Fight! OU Sucks.

Trackbacks for this post

1. Bobby Rozzell’s Blog » My very first meme tag
  2. I tag you, you tag me « Douglas and Main
  3. Three more local blogs « Douglas and Main
  4. The Little Things · Chain Blogging
  5. Six Random Things – blogan

Leave a CommentPlease be polite. We appreciate that.

Your Comment