- I have finally decided who will receive the coveted Todd Blog Presidential Endorsement: Congressman Ron Paul. Paul’s libertarian stances on taxation, the war and personal liberties match up quite well with my own. While I struggle with Paul’s statement that we caused 9/11 (which, I believe, was taken out of context), I believe that he is straightest-shooting politician on the Republican side. For those who plan on supporting Mike Huckabee, please know that he is not a true conservative candidate. While he is certainly socially conservative, his fiscal view and record are anything but. Don’t let Chuck Norris sway you.
- I’m tired of singing songs that I don’t really understand or mean. For example, we sang “Heaven Came Down” on Sunday at my church. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice, fine song. But I don’t really know what I’m talking about. What does “glory filled my soul” mean? Also, what is “There’s a Stirring” about? When I die? When I come to know Jesus? And finally, does Jesus really “still feel the nails” every time I fail?
- I heard a commercial for an upcoming Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson concert in Wichita. The announcer said, “Reba and Kelly Clarkson, on stage together, at last” as if people were waiting and asking for this duo. I just thought that was funny.
- I can’t stand the “Christmas Shoes” song. Apparently, by 8:50 a.m. this morning, this dreadful song had been requested three times! Oh Wichitans, you disappoint me. That said, here, without further ado, is the Christmas Shoes music video:
- I’ve talked about Cute Overload before, but if you haven’t visited, you simply must. If you use an RSS reader, you should add it to your feeds. Getting a daily overload of cuteness makes everyone a little more cheerful.