It’s Friday. It’s been a crazy week. I’m not blogging as frequently as I should. Thus, a random post.
- May I make two TV show recommendations? Chuck and Pushing Daisies. Both are great new shows. Both feature charming lead characters and enjoyable plots. Of the two, Daisies is my favorite. It has an irresistible charm to it. Despite the bizarre and depressing nature of the subject matter, it manages to be light-hearted and ridiculously sweet. Don’t miss either.
- I don’t want to dedicate a whole post to this because it is too polarizing, but the Rush Limbaugh vs. Harry Reid letter feud fascinates me. The fact that the government is trying to punish a private citizen by mischaracterizing his statements (yes, they did) terrifies me. The fact that two of those who signed the letter are the front-runners for the Democratic ticket terrifies me. The fact that Rush is selling the letter on eBay thrills me. That is all I’ve got to say about that. (Unless I am provoked in the comments section.)
- EDIT: Check out this video from Harry Reid. My personal favorite quote: “I strongly believe that when we can put our differences aside, even Harry Reid and Rush Limbaugh, we should do that and try to accomplish good things for the American people, and this does that.” How exactly did they “put differences aside?” Reid had absolutely NOTHING to do with this auction. He was trying to smear Rush. And now he’s taking credit for Limbaugh’s auction idea. Disgusting.
- Want to do good AND drink delicious coffee? Check out Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee. If your church serves java, you should definitely check out the website as they have packages specifically designed with churches in mind.
- Are you linking to my blog and I’m not returning the favor? Let’s remedy that. Leave your blog and a link and we’ll get you set up posthaste.
- I’m not much of a baseball fan, but I’ve got to say I’m pretty pumped about the Rockies being in the World Series. I’m predicting it will be an Indians/Rockies World Series with the Rockies winning in five.
- I’m not a worship leader, but if I were, this would be my setlist:
- To Build a Home – Cinematic Orchestra (played as people were filing in to find a seat)
- I Stand Amazed – North Point Live version
- Jesus Paid it All – North Point Live version
- Mighty to Save – Hillsong United
- Inside Out – Hillsong United
- Saviour King – Hillsong United (played during communion – a very long communion)
- In Christ Alone – Stuart Townend
Well that’s it. Have an awesome weekend. If none of the above thoughts inspire a comment, why not tell everybody what your weekend plans are – unless of course said plans require you to leave your house empty or your spouse alone, in which case, you should probably make something up.
NOTE: I have no ambition/gifts to actually become a worship leader. I don’t play an instrument, I don’t sing very well, my worship sets would all be more than 45 minutes and I get fixated on worship songs for months at a time. However, if your church is looking for a part-time worship planner, I’m your guy. I’ll tell you what songs to lead and in what order, pick out appropriate contemplative worship background slides and argue about why my choices are the right ones and you hired me to do this job, so you’d better trust me. If interested in hiring THAT type of position, feel free to contact me.