I can’t believe it’s Friday already. Holy cow. Only one post this week. Unacceptable.
To remedy that, I’m going to show some love to the peeps on my blogroll, sharing just why I’m allowing their blog to sit on my sidebar, awaiting to be clicked.
- Alan Gable — Alan is an accountant, but you’d never guess it from his writing. He is funny, charming and has some incredible insights into life.
- Anne Jackson — Anne’s blog is one of my favorites on the world wide intraweb. Her honesty is amazing and the community she’s established on her blog is awesome.
- Becky Tschamler — I’m not sure how Becky stumbled onto my blog, but I’m glad she did. I enjoy stopping by her blog for her unique outlook on life.
- Blending Worship— I’m not a worship leader, but I play one in my imagination. That’s why Blending Worship is so fun to read. I love reading what other churches are doing with their worship times.
- Brent Logan — Brent has helped me with my blog on numerous occasions. If you have a CSS question, he’s your man.
- Brianna Brown — I know Brianna, but I didn’t know she was such a writer. I love the voice she uses on her blog.
- Brody Harper — Brody accompanied Shaun Groves when he came to Wichita. That’s actually Brody’s job. It’s tough, I know. He is currently touring with Phil Wickam and David Crowder. It’s fun to read about the exploits from the road.
- Chad Joice — Chad is responsible for my wife and my being married; he was Hayley’s recruitment officer at Harding. We had some good times on the road during summer tour ’02, and it’s fun to see how he’s “grown up” now.
- Chelsea Roberson — Chelsea is an incredibly gifted photographer and writer. She’s currently in Greece (hence the blog name, I suppose) and it’s fun to read about what she’s up to.
- Cliff Bragg — Well, this sucker hasn’t updated his blog in about 3 months, but what’s there is good stuff. Go check it out.
- Jim Miller — Jim is an awesome guy and incredible writer. Aside from a poor taste in college football and MLB team, his blog is a treat to read.
- Joe Biles — Joe is too smart for me. I just like having his blog on my sidebar so when people click it they’ll think I’m smart too. And I like him.
- Jon Acuff — Jon politely contacted me about linking to my blog through his. Never one to turn down free publicity, I agreed immediately. I then went to his site and asked to reciprocate. His writing is hilarious and his creative metaphors and stories are awesome.
- Jonathan Reinhardt — Another guy who is too smart for me. And another guy who updates too infrequently. Brilliant writer and great thinker.
- Kim Bontrager — Kim is one of my local friends. I love reading about her family and what’s going on in her world.
- Krysta Rinke — Krysta is one of my local friends who moved to California. It’s fun reading about what she’s experiencing in Cali.
- Lone Prairie — Julie is hilarious. And she’s talented. Make haste to her blog.
- Mark Elrod — I still feel weird having “Mark Elrod” on my blog. Number one, I know him as Dr. Elrod, and number two he’s a raging liberal. While he’s largely wrong on a number of issues, he has a good sense of humor and inspires some interesting dialog with his posts. (NOTE: I intended the “wrong” comment to be funny, not antagonistic. ME hasn’t commented, nor do I think he’d be bothered by it, but I just wanted to clear it up – my conscious gets ridiculous sometimes.)
- Patches of Godlight — This is the newest blog on my roll. Brooklynne is Sam’s girlfriend, but her blog stands on its own merits.
- Ragamuffin Soul — Carlos is an incredible blogger. I’m not really sure why, because he mostly posts about incredibly random stuff, but I suppose it’s because he does it with humor, transparency and humility. I had the pleasure of meeting Los at Catalyst, and hopefully he’ll post the picture proof.
- Sam Peters — Sam and I were in a drama group together. We spent around 10 weeks in a van together. How could I NOT put him in my blogroll? Oh, and I like reading what he writes.
- Sean Meade — Sean is the founder of Stuck in the Middle, an awesome ministry designed specifically for middle school students. I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know him over the past several months and it’s been great. Sean’s blog is an interesting mix of pop culture, ministry insights and Heineken ads.
- Secret Life of Kat — Kat is the creator of the 40 Day Fast and Inspired to Action.com. She’s got some great ideas about how to move people to action using the blogosphere.
- Shaun Groves — If you’ve been reading my blog for anytime at all, you know that I’m pretty huge fan of Shaun Groves. He’s my “most-linked” blog, as I’ve been inspired for several of my posts thanks to him. He also gave The Creel Institute kudos, which is schweet.
- Stoned-Campbell Disciple — Number one, I think this blog name is awesome. Number two, Bobby is brilliant. His posts are a little to long for me, but when I take the time to digest them, I’m always satisfied.
- Technopraxis™ — Kirk is another of my local blog buddies. Though he hasn’t updated lately either, he’s got a sharp wit and keen insight into marketing and church technology.
- The Storments — I’m just honored that Jonathan Storment linked to me first. Jonathan is doing some amazing work at Richland Hills and I can’t wait to see what God is doing with him.
- Vince @ nikao — Vince is another blogger who just stumbled across my blog and commented one day. I visited his blog and knew that I needed a Cali pastor to round out my blogroll. And I liked what I read.
So that’s it. Take some time and visit these peeps. It will be worth your while.
Have a good weekend.