Favorite Google Search Ever

Thanks to Anne, I’m checking my blogstats for the search results that bring people to my page. Typically they’re pretty boring – largely along the lines of “The Todd,” “todd” and “Todd Blog.” Sometimes I’ll have some surprising results (“voice of Krysta Rinke” comes to mind) and today is such a day.

Somebody accessed my blog by searching for “about to get my Todd on.” What does that even mean? If you’re the individual who found my blog this way, can you please explain it to me? If you’re not that person, go ahead and take a shot too – just keep it clean please.

1. October 22, 2007 at 12:39 pm — Reply

Isn’t this when a kid turns 2 years old?
    Example: “My buddy has an 18 month old. Before you know it, he’ll be……about to get his Todd on…”

2. October 22, 2007 at 2:44 pm — Reply

Sometimes it helps to repeat the search yourself and see what else you find. Searching for the phrase “get my todd on” (put it in quotes) gave me a single hit on Google. It would appear that the TV show “Scrubs” has a character called “The Todd.”

3. October 22, 2007 at 4:03 pm — Reply

I was unable to replicate the “about to get my todd on” search result. I have no idea how they ended up on my blog. I’m familiar with “The Todd” and am grateful for the number of visitors he has driven to my blog.

4. October 22, 2007 at 5:08 pm — Reply

Doing a Google search for “about to get my todd on” (no quotes) results in the Todd blog as the third hit and a bunch of other stuff. That’s why I tried “get my todd on” (with quotes) to see what else I’d find. 😉

5. Sam's Dad
    October 22, 2007 at 6:19 pm — Reply

Sounds un-righteous somehow.

6. October 23, 2007 at 12:29 pm — Reply

Brent is right.

It’s from Scrubs. There is a character named Todd.
    He uses that phrase a lot.

As hilarious as Scrubs is, I could do without his character. He’s pretty raunchy.

7. kristin
    October 23, 2007 at 2:24 pm — Reply

ha ha this is funny.

8. December 1, 2007 at 8:47 pm — Reply

It’s a variation on “get my drink on”–it’s (I think) originally an African-American colloquialism. Just basically meaning that you’re going to engage in drinking.

So if this Todd character from Scrubs is using it, he’s modeling white appropriation of black culture. But I suppose you didn’t ask about all that! 😉

Rain
    (white girl trying to NOT appropriate anybody’s culture)