The third (and final?) chapter in my theses posts.
33. Being mean or offensive isn’t the best way to point people towards truth.
34. Churches should be transformational. When people come in contact with Jesus’ love, they should never be the same.
35. God’s will isn’t unfurled before us so we can know His entire plan for our entire life. It’s revealed in small pieces so we can take next steps.
36. Every member is a minister.
37. Educational institutions, political organizations and Focus on the Family are NOT the Church.
38. We don’t go to church. We are the Church.
39. Mission work (and money) doesn’t have to occur (be spent) in another country.
40. Truth isn’t contingent upon me. Just because I believe something to be true doesn’t make it so. (Caedmon’s Call)
41. Women and men are equal in Christ. We do females a great disservice when we tell them they can be anything they want professionally, but they’re restricted in church.
42. The Bible is NOT an answer book, rulebook, instruction manual or textbook. It is a narrative, and it’s important that we understand it as such. (See #18)
43. Unity doesn’t equal uniformity.