Addendum to #2:
The Bible provides an incomplete, human picture of who God is.
17. The Bible is the perfect word of God. (2 Tim. 3:16)
18. The Bible was written to a specific group of people, with a specific purpose and a specific situation. To read the scriptures out of their historical context is a dangerous practice.
19. The mission of churches shouldn’t be to get bigger. The mission should be creating disciples and sending them out to do ministry.
20. Individualism is one of the worst things that have happened to the faith. Churches are communities. We can’t ignore the importance of community in study, prayer and worship.
21. Healing is still possible.
22. Our faith has become incredibly logical; it’s all about what you know. We need to tap into our emotions and experiences and recognize they are as valid to our understanding as cognitive knowledge.
23. We need to stop studying (so much) and start doing. We have too many classes and not enough service.
24. We should never stop learning.
25. Christianity is not a political movement. Moral legislation will not bring anyone closer to Jesus.
26. A cappella worship is not the sole way to worship from the heart.
27. Questioning God, the Bible, traditions or leaders is necessary for some people’s faith. Rather than discourage that, we should facilitate it. Church should be the most comfortable place to seek the truth.
28. If people are truly seeking for truth, they will find it. (Matt 7:7-8)
29. Tracts won’t change people’s lives.
30. Disfellowshipping entire churches isn’t Biblical.
31. Pointing out doctrinal errors of other churches is a waste of time.
32. Having nice things isn’t a sin.